The ID2 Method
The ID2 Method is a work management strategy designed to optimize the utilization of specialized IT team members.
- Identify the low-value IT tasks distracting focus from your specialized in-house resources
- Kick off an internal initiative to have your resources identify 2-4 tasks they should be delegating. Use the Task Evaluator as a guide.
- Remember, any digital task which can be documented and performed remotely can be executed by Allari.
- Ask the following questions
Define the process and requirements of each task by collaborating with your delegation partner.
- Collaborate with Allari to Define each task
- Process screenshots, recordings and/or existing workflow instructions of the task(s) you intend to delegate will be exchanged between Allari and your resources during a technical session. Items required to define each task include:
- Schedule: When and how often is the task needed?
- Time Budget: How much time is required to execute the task?
- Work Instructions: What are the steps to execute the task?
- Communication Plan: Who is the contact(s) for the task?
- Escalation Procedure: What steps should be taken if issues arise?
- Allari will use the definition/knowledge-transfer session(s) to produce a draft version of task’s SOP for your review and signoff.
- After establishing VPN access, task SOPs receiving signoff are now ‘Live’ in your SOP Library and ready to be executed as needed.
Delegate tasks as needed and reallocate the time savings towards the high-value technology priorities of the organization.
- Delegate tasks to Allari as needed
- Tasks from your SOP Library may be scheduled for execution on a 24 hour basis via email, call or through your Allari Service Desk Portal.
- Status notifications are made as defined in the Communication Plan.
- Category and Time reporting is submitted on a monthly basis and available for review at any time through your Allari Service Desk Portal.