The actual pandemic has dramatically changed the way most of the companies are working to adapt to this new reality we are facing. Because of that, we want to make you some specific suggestions to be focused on in order to help you to survive this situation.
- The security on the endpoint goes beyond having an updated antivirus, it must include patching, session blocking, passwords, ports open, etc.
- Develop an adequate strategy for your architecture. Remember you need to handle a large group of patches through VPN facilities and that will require a large amount of bandwidth and resources.
- You need to teach final users, not necessarily IT literate, about Cybersecurity. Your strategies need to handle that situation.
- Other members of the family of the collaborator could access the device so you need to control that situation through training and policies.
- You need to develop an adequate strategy to socialize Security Policies to all homeworkers.
- Your IT strategy must include new technology to help the workforce to work from home. This means embracing new technology and new architecture.
- Make your Security Awareness Program personal so every person identifies with it.
- Remember to have all your policies and procedures updated for the actual situation.
- We suggest you having recurrent meetings with all your workers to see how they are doing and to check if there are any issues or doubts.
- Because patching it is a cornerstone of the cybersecurity program, they must be prioritized because of point number two.
- Your home-workers are going to start receiving orders and/or instructions via email, so you need to change your procedures and develop strategies to increase the security level, such as:
- Ask your collaborators to verify any suspicious communication or request.
- Including special keys or codes into the emails so recipients know that the communication is valid.
- For meetings, use software that allows you to establish security levels, such as:
- Waiting rooms
- Attackers could take advantage of massive meetings to obtain classified information.
- Work towards establishing a secure community, so ask your providers about the measures they are taking for this same situation and try to make business only with trusted and qualified providers.
Allari implements customized service plans for IT Operations & Cyber-security which allow you to complete a higher volume of planned work, gain the capacity to innovate and help your business to win.